Have you had a close look at your earlobes? They may be fresh and plump earlier but with aging and some influencing factors, you could observe some thinning and dropping. Without your attention, they could already have hanging lobes that are very thin and appearing to break anytime. The reason for this problem is the natural loss of elasticity and collagen. Many factors like wearing heavy earrings, constant exposure to the sun, and neglecting skin issues could make the issue much worse. While some may feel that this is a natural aging process and allow the lobes to hang freely, but many will want to go back to a fresh and youthful appearance. Modern advancements in centers like Ruma aesthetics has come up with an effective solution of earlobe fillers to correct the earlobe issues.
What are Earlobe fillers? Do they work?
They are Hyaluronic acid fillers that are injected into the earlobe using a tiny needle. This aids in filling up collapsed or saggy earlobes and smoothening fine lines that are created with the loss of collagen and elastin. It will also help in evening out the earlobe skin and create a younger look to the ears. Many women love to wear various types of fancy earrings but face an issue of stretched piercing holes after some years of usage. These fillers help to make the holes smaller and give a younger look. Earlobe filler’s results will last up to one year and earrings can be worn without any issues after the treatment. The results last longer because there is no active muscle movement as in the face. Filler treatment in active muscle movement areas of the face causes quick degradation of substances when compared to ear that will last double the time. Experienced skin specialists can design a personalized program that may help in treating all the skin issues along with the filler treatment. Even chemical peeling is recommended along with these filler treatments to provide a more youthful skin. Once there are signs of a decrease in results, these fillers can be injected again. There could be some slight swelling, redness, or bruising in the treated area after the treatment, but it will fade away after a couple of days.
Who are the right candidates for this procedure?
If you observe your skin showing signs of aging due to lack of collagen then you are the best person to receive this. This is most common for women in their 40s if they are used to wearing large-sized earrings from longer times, but could also be seen in the younger generation who are much exposed to sunlight. Any person with wrinkled and large earlobes are the right candidate for this procedure. But ensure to consult a reliable and experienced professional to receive the treatment.
What are the causes of ear lobe volume loss and fine lines?
- The skin present on the ear is the same as other parts of the body but neglected even in terms of applying normal skincare creams or sunscreen lotions. There will also be a natural loss of volume as we get older similar to our face. This mixture of wrinkles, sun damage, loss of collagen, and elasticity alters the shape of earlobes, expands it, and ultimately causes them to hang lower.
- Neglecting the ear issues and not consulting any skincare specialists if they find any rough or uneven pigmentations could lead to major issues shortly.
- Wearing heavy earrings frequently will lead to dragging of the piercing. This ultimately leads to the elongation of the hole and hanging ear lobes. They could also lead to one more issue of thinning of the ear lobes. Hence it is always best to not wear mega-sized earrings if required only wear it for a shorter duration. Also, ensure to wear earing backing discs even for studs if you wear them regularly. This is important to keep the holes in proper strength and firmness for a longer time.
- Make sure to remove earrings when you are at home or resting. Go for light ones in regular usage to avoid unnecessary stress on the earlobes and reserve the heavy ones for any special event.
Are dermal filler injections in the earlobe safe?
- These filler injections are very safe when administered by an experienced and certified skin specialist with proven records. Such dermatologists who been doing skin treatments for many years and would be aware of all the advanced treatment techniques in the industry. They will offer a customized treatment plan to suit your precise issue and will also provide you all the guidance to follow after the treatment. When you see the results fading off, you can visit the specialist again for treatment.
- The majority of patients will see good results in just one treatment session, but a second session will provide the best results. The results will be temporary as in all other skin treatments but they last for an average of a year and more in some cases.
- To achieve a complete earlobe rejuvenation, many people will undergo a mixture of treatments along with fillers. This will be useful to effectively treat all other skin issues at the same treatment session of earlobe treatment. You could discuss your aesthetic goals with your doctor so that they will provide you a solid treatment plan.
Earlobes lose collagen and elastin-like other regions due to aging factors, increased earing use, sun exposure. Sagging and stretched earlobes can be enhanced naturally by using hyaluronic acid fillers. But care should be taken to ensure any type of cosmetic fillers should only be done by a professional injector who has undertaken extensive training in performing injectable procedures, like experts at Ruma Aesthetics. Our physicians have extensive training and skill set in performing dermal filler injections for complete facial rejuvenation. We offer comprehensive and customized care to your requirements and suggest the best treatments/fillers are best for you based on your goals.